The Delbert Oberteuffer Scholarship
This $1,500 scholarship, presented by SOPHE on behalf of the Foundation for the Advancement of Health Education (FAHE), recognizes doctoral students for their academic achievement; applicant’s potential for advancing the health of children and youth; professional goals; and the caliber of the documents. The Oberteuffer Scholarship is open to doctoral level students who are currently enrolled in a health education program in the United States or a U.S. territory. The award will be presented during SOPHE’s Annual Conference.
Applications are accepted every summer/fall. Deadline: Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
The applicant must be currently enrolled in an accredited college/university in the United States or a U.S. territory in a health education program and be able to demonstrate six (6) completed credit hours in the program of study.
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Evidence of ability to link health needs of children to school health education.
- Professional goals.
- Potential to advance the health of children and youth.
- Caliber of documents submitted.
Application materials must be received by the SOPHE office by 11:59 pm EST on Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Online application form.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae. Use the following categories, presenting the material in reverse chronological order where applicable:
- Personal information
- Current program and institution
- Degrees earned, names of institutions and year of graduation
- Employment experience and dates of employment
- Professional presentations: titles, dates and locations of presentations
- Professional publications
- Professional memberships
- Professional committee involvement
- Voluntary community service activities
- Any other extra-curricular or professional activities
- Transcript from the institution granting the most recent degree and a transcript indicating six (6) completed credit hours of coursework that fulfills requirements for the current doctoral degree program.
- Narrative two-part statement that includes the applicant’s professional goals and explanation of how the applicant’s research interests will contribute to the health of children and youth. The maximum length for this narrative is five (5), double-spaced pages. Include sub-titles for each of the areas.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, from professional individuals, addressing academic status, leadership potential and career commitment.
- One (1) of the letters must be from the applicant’s advisor or a faculty member of the department where the applicant is enrolled.
- Online Application Form
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Transcript (unofficial or copy of official)
- Narrative two part statement
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
Nomination materials should be assembled and submitted as a single PDF document. Free online tools to convert a document to pdf: smallpdf.comandpdfmerge.com
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards are recommended by the SOPHE Awards Committee and approved by the executive committee.