SOPHE 21st Century Student Scholarship
This award provides conference support to full-time undergraduate and graduate level students to attend SOPHE's Annual Conference, March 17-20, 2020 in Atlanta [spring] or Advocacy Summit [fall]. Scholorships will open July 2019.
Scholarship support can include any combination of registration fee to the conference or summit and any real and reasonable travel expenses incurred, as per federal per diem, and lodging at the official event hotel or a substitute hotel, not to exceed the cost of the assigned event hotel.
SOPHE also encourages and allows conference/advocacy support funds to be used for supplemental SOPHE chapter membership. Total support cannot exceed $800 and will be reimbursed upon submission of receipts and required travel reimbursement form following the event.
- Students must be sponsored by a faculty member in the student’s program. The faculty member must be a current member of National SOPHE.
- The faculty member must complete a Faculty Sponsorship Form to verify that the student:
- Is currently an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled full-time and in good academic standing in a health education or health education related major
- Has excelled in health education-related courses
- Has been involved in health education research and/or practice
- Students must be members in good standing in National SOPHE and/or a SOPHE chapter at the time of application.
- Students may NOT have received a SOPHE 21st Century Student Scholarship for conference or summit support within the previous two years. Preference will be given to students who have never received this award.
- Sponsored students who receive a SOPHE 21st Century Student Scholarship are not eligible for the Vivian Drenckhahn Student Scholarship Award during that calendar year January–December.
- Describe how your interests match the themes and/or subthemes for this SOPHE conference or summit
- Specific conference or summit information can be found at www.sophe.org/
- Describe your involvement in health education research and/or practice
- Describe your involvement in SOPHE - nationally, with a local chapter, or collegiate champions.
- Describe how you will share information gained at this conference with members of your campus community
- Adhere to the following guidelines:
- Typed, single line-spaced
- Maximum of 1-page in length
- Minimum of 11-point font and 1-inch margins on all sides
- Rules of grammar, punctuation, and writing
- Express enthusiasm for attending the conference
Please submit the following:
- Student statement
- Unofficial transcript from current academic institution
- Faculty sponsorship form
- Proof of SOPHE National or SOPHE Chapter membership
- Additional documentation of your SOPHE committee or activities
Application materials should be assembled by the student and submitted as a single document PDF file.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
Awards committee and approved by the board of trustees executive committee.
Please sign in to apply. If you do not have an account you will need to create one to apply.