The Technology Award
This award recognizes individuals or groups who have distinguished themselves by applying innovative, non-commercial technology in health education that can be broadly disseminated and has the potential to make a significant impact in health education practice.
Applications are accepted every summer/fall. Extended Deadline: Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
The award is presented at the Awards Celebration during SOPHE’s Annual Conference.
- Nomination letter by a SOPHE member in good standing who will coordinate the nomination process and present the award at the Annual Meeting. Nominee does not have to be a SOPHE member
- Resume(s) or curriculum vita(e) of the individual(s) who developed or applied the technology
- Letters of support from 2-3 individuals (need not be SOPHE members) who can speak to the impact the technology has had on the field of health education and/or health outcomes
Required elements for nomination and support letters:
- Type of technology used or developed (if it is a novel technology include necessary information to familiarize the reader to the innovation)
- Brief description of the technology’s application to health education practice and outcomes. If the technology is a strategy to remediate a health problem, explain this process
- Dissemination (actual or planned) of the technology
- Implications for potential impact by the technology in health education practice and recommendations for future use
Nomination materials must be received by the SOPHE office by 11:59 pm EST on Saturday, September 30, 2017.
Nomination materials should be assembled and submitted as a single PDF document. Free online tools to
convert a document to pdf:
- Nomination letter (including required elements) from SOPHE member
- Recent resume or curriculum vitae of the nominee
- If selected, nominator will attend the SOPHE Annual Meeting Awards Celebration
- 2-3 letters of support
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards are recommended by the SOPHE Awards Committee and approved by the Executive Committee.