The Horizon Award
This award recognizes early career health educators (less than five years) who have distinguished themselves as promising health educators through leadership, creativity, involvement in the profession, and health education practice in any setting (e.g., school, worksite, university, community, health care).
Applications are accepted every fall.
- Completed nomination form.
- Nomination letter by a SOPHE member in good standing who will coordinate the nomination process and present the award at the annual conference.
- Nominee does not have to be a SOPHE member.
- A recent resume or curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- Letters of support from 2-3 individuals (need not be SOPHE members) who can speak to the nominee’s qualifications.
Required elements for nomination and support letters
Provide the following evidence, examples, documentation, and/or information about the nominee:
- Creativity and/or innovation in health education practice through the development or application of health education to address a public health issue in the community, workplace, school, or health care.
- Advancement in the health education profession through service or leadership.
- Individual accomplishments in leadership in current or previous employment.
- Other notable contributions to health education practice unique to the candidate that make the applicant stand out above others.
- Supplemental materials to demonstrate candidate’s work in health education.
Nomination materials must be received by the SOPHE office by 11:59 pm EST on November 2, 2016.
Nomination materials should be assembled by the nominator and submitted as a single PDF document. Free online tools to convert a document to pdf: smallpdf.com and pdfmerge.com.
Questions? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards are recommended by the SOPHE Awards Committee and approved by the executive committee.