Distinguished Fellow Award
The Society for Public Health Education is accepting nominations for its Distinguished Fellow Award. This is SOPHE's highest form of recognition for a SOPHE member. The award recognizes individuals who have made significant and lasting contributions to SOPHE and the profession of health education or public health.
The award will be presented at the Awards Celebration during SOPHE’s Annual Conference.
- Completed nomination form
- Letter by a SOPHE member in good standing who will coordinate the nomination process and present the award at the Annual Meeting
- Current resume or curriculum vitae of the nominee
- Letters of support from seven (7) additional SOPHE members. In the nomination and support letters, please provide evidence, examples, documentation, and/or information about the nominee:
- Significant contributions to health education
- Creative or exceptional nature of these contributions
- Professional recognition (honors/awards, special appointments, offices held, research, writing, etc)
- Results and impact of the nominee’s work
- Leadership within SOPHE
- Continuing worth of the nominee’s contribution to health education, SOPHE, and public health
Nomination materials should be assembled and submitted as a single PDF document. Free online tools to convert a document to pdf: smallpdf.com and pdfmerge.com.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards are recommended by the SOPHE Awards Committee and approved by the executive committee.