Karen Denard Goldman Mentor Award
This award recognizes a National SOPHE member in an academic or practice setting who has made a significant contribution to the preparation and/or performance of health educators and has successfully forged the link between practice and research.
The Mentor Award recognizes SOPHE members who have distinguished themselves as outstanding mentors through fostering the bridge linking research and practice, impacting professional development of others, and implementing creative strategies for the mentoring process.
Required elements for nomination and support letters
- Complete online nomination
- Nomination letter by a SOPHE member in good standing who will coordinate the nomination process and present the award at SOPHE's Annual Conference.
- MeetingRecent resume or curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- Letters of support from 3-5 individuals (need not be SOPHE members) who can speak to the mentor’s qualifications and the mentoring qualities of the nominee.
Nomination letter describing:
- How nominee has mentored an individual or individuals.
- Impact of mentoring on an individual (or individuals’) professional development.
- Implementation of creative strategies for the mentoring processEvidence of fostering the bridge linking research and practice.
Nomination materials should be assembled and submitted as a single PDF document. Free online tools to convert a document to pdf: smallpdf.com
Nomination check list:
- Nomination Letter (including required elements) from SOPHE member.
- Recent resume or curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- If selected, nominator will attend the SOPHE Annual Conference Awards Celebration.
- 3-5 letters of support.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org