Membership at a Glance
SOPHE brings together public health education professionals to promote the health of society. SOPHE advances research and best practices and advocates to put policy into action.
Who should join?
SOPHE welcomes members working in public health across a diverse range of disciplines. All health education specialists, health communicators, K-12 teachers, behavioral scientists, allied health professionals, university faculty and students will benefit from the opportunity to network and exchange new health education strategies, connections, and ideas from all settings of health education and health promotion.
SOPHE membership includes:
- Distance learning - Continuing education contact hours for Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES), Masters Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES), and Certified in Public Health (CPH).
- Research - Bimonthly journals, Health Education & Behavior (formerly Health Education Quarterly) Health Promotion Practice, and Pedagogy in Health Promotion: The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Discounts on registration fees for conferences and books
- Connect to like minds in 20 Communities of Practice
- Professional online membership directory
- Newsletters - News & Views and E-News U Can Use
- Local chapter affiliations in many regions
- Access to career resources specific to health education
- Professional preparation and practice standards
- Professional recognition through awards, scholarships, and fellowships